s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: Cat. & Reference: Catalog this!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cat. & Reference: Catalog this!

I had a long weekend (I took Friday off, plus the Monday holiday) and when I came back this morning, I found a copy of a campus departmental newsletter on my chair. I assumed it was dropped off by special collections, since they keep archival copies of university publications and often need me to create serial records for them. (I was, however, a little annoyed that they’d only left me one issue. I’ve told them in the past that I generally need more than that to determine frequency!) I was setting my purse and bag down, taking my coat off, and mentally sorting through whether or not I’d ever cataloged anything from this department before or if I’d have to establish a new corporate heading for them, when I glanced up at the top of the newsletter and noticed that it was preprinted with my name and campus address.

That’s right, folks, I tried to catalog my mail.

(In my defense, my mail is supposed to go in a tray outside my cubicle. Apparently I'll catalog anything if you leave it on my chair.)

4 Comments:

At January 20, 2010 12:24 AM, Blogger Betty Edit said...

That's hilarious. :o)

As a musician, I've found myself analyzing the pitch of the vacuum cleaner, the air conditioning, the blender, the dishwasher...

 
At January 21, 2010 7:02 AM, Blogger Trevor Christensen said...

I like this post because 1 it is funny and 2 it makes me glad that people like you exist.

I'm sure as Hell not going to be cataloging anything anytime soon.

(Or at least, I wont be cataloging anything well. "Books with red covers go on that shelf, books with green covers go upstairs. OK, got it? I'm taking my lunch now.")

 
At January 24, 2010 11:03 PM, Blogger Wiglaf said...

Darth Vader!

(The first tribond ever that I get on sight, and it has to go and disappear.)

 
At January 25, 2010 7:57 AM, Blogger Katya said...

Logan,

Sorry! I accidentally scheduled it to post on Sunday instead of on Tuesday, so I unposted it and rescheduled it for Tuesday. But I'll still count you as the first one to get it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home