s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: Tribond Tuesday: Tribond FAIL

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tribond Tuesday: Tribond FAIL

Sometimes I come up with 2/3 of a really good tribond, but I can't seem to find a good third entry. A while ago, I noticed that Rhode Island is the smallest US state and Prince Edward Island is the smallest Canadian province, but I was never able to find another satisfactory X Island that was the smallest of its class. (Ideally X Island would be a political division of some sort roughly equivalent to a state or province, otherwise I could just pick the smallest island of any number of archipelagos.)

5 Comments:

At September 20, 2011 2:00 PM, Blogger alea said...

Grand Isle, VT?

 
At September 20, 2011 2:24 PM, Blogger B.G. Christensen said...

Does Tasmania work?

 
At September 20, 2011 2:49 PM, Blogger Katya said...

The pattern I'm thinking of is "X Island is the smallest Y" (where Y is, ideally, a political entity).

Is Grand Isle, VT, the smallest of some type of political entity? (Or are you thinking of Grand Isle County, which is the smallest county in VT? That works better.)

Tasmania doesn't have the word "island" in it (although it is an island which, oddly enough, Rhode Island the state is mostly not).

Also, I'm fine with "island" in some other language. (I played around with the Île de la Cité, but nothing came of it.)

 
At September 20, 2011 4:10 PM, Blogger alea said...

Yeah, I mean the county. Also, Nantucket, though uncertain might mean "Far Away Island"...

 
At September 21, 2011 12:38 PM, Blogger Katya said...

OK, I like Grand Isle County, VT. (And I'll take "Nantucket" with a grain of salt. ;) )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home