s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: Pipe dreams

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Pipe dreams

Things that I would like to have, in increasing order of impossibility:

1. a book press
2. a pool table*
3. a board shear
4. a Dance Dance Revolution arcade game
5. a Steinway grand piano*
6. an electric organ (with an AGO-standard pedalboard – a Hammond’s not gonna cut it)
7. a helicopter(*)
8. a pipe organ*
9. a 6-color offset printing press

*Things that are actually owned by someone I know.

(*) I don’t actually know anyone who owns a helicopter, but my old bishop had part ownership of a Cessna.

The lady with the pipe organ lives in my parents’ ward. Her husband built her the pipe organ, then built her a house to go around it. It’s a lopsided A-frame, built to accommodate the largest rank. You can see the biggest pipes near the ceiling, through their front window.

Unfortunately, the lady with the pipe organ is also sort of insane. She doesn’t believe in doing scales or other technique drills, and she thinks that Bach is evil. So I stick to practicing on the electric organ in the chapel, where at least no one will yell at me for playing “Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme.”

7 Comments:

At December 03, 2005 4:50 AM, Blogger Thirdmango said...

I've wanted a pool table all my life, and I will have one I sure hope. My brother wants the DDR arcade, though i've never played it.

 
At December 05, 2005 4:28 PM, Blogger Tolkien Boy said...

I think every mad scientist (or librarian) deserves a pipe organ.

 
At December 06, 2005 10:33 AM, Blogger erin said...

Dude. I want a book press. I just made my own with boards and C-clamps. It works pretty well. But a Board shear will be hard to come by.

I don't really care about the brand of piano; my parents have a Yamaha and my grandparents have something else that I can't remember the name of, but they're both beautiful and I figure I have a shot at getting either or. :)

 
At December 08, 2005 7:27 PM, Blogger JB said...

I drove by a piano store the other day and their marquee said "You know she wants a baby grand." I thought of you. ;)

 
At November 30, 2008 4:18 PM, Blogger Th. said...

.

I knew it was you over on AMV, but you finally gave yourself away.

 
At November 30, 2008 6:00 PM, Blogger Katya said...

I wasn't trying to not give myself away, you know.

 
At December 01, 2008 12:01 PM, Blogger Th. said...

.

I didn't figure as much. I just needed something decisive before I got familiar with my old friend Katya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home