s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: Close your eyes!

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Close your eyes!

When I was little, it occurred to me one General Conference that the camera stays running while the prayers are given, and that someone has to operate the camera. I went to my Mom, very concerned about the cameramen who had to keep their eyes open during the prayer. I think she told me that they could just point the camera and let it keep running while they closed their eyes.

When I got older, I also realized that sometimes it really is OK to keep your eyes open during the prayer. But you should still try to be reverent.

6 Comments:

At April 03, 2006 12:50 PM, Blogger Braden said...

Awww. I want more cute little Katya stories. (Hope you enjoyed the weekend.)

 
At April 03, 2006 6:20 PM, Blogger Th. said...

.

Lucky JJ.....

Anyway, I feel compelled to peek at the GC pray-ers, without exception. I don't know why. Am I going to hell?

 
At April 04, 2006 8:33 PM, Blogger N.F. said...

You know, this last Sunday, I found myself peeking for the FIRST time ever! (No joke!) Why is that? (It was the morning session, BTW). :)

 
At April 04, 2006 9:15 PM, Blogger Katya said...

bawb - I'll try to remember more stories - this one just came to mind because it was conference again. (And I apparently began pondering theological puzzles at a young age.)

jj - Thanks for the compliment. Did you ever find any classes on bookbinding?

 
At April 06, 2006 5:11 AM, Blogger Kari said...

One year there was a kids choir singing in the Sat afternoon session and there was this one little boy directly to the left of the prayer giver who had his eyes open the whole time. Not only that but he was looking around, not folding his arms, crossing his eyes, and poking his neighbor (who resisted temptation and remained reverent). I was sort of amused because the dimmed light didn't dim enough to eliminate him so I watched him the whole prayer and then realized I hadn't closed my eyes the entire time. I really am going to hell.

 
At April 06, 2006 11:16 PM, Blogger FoxyJ said...

I realized the other day that I rarely pray with my eyes closed anymore, because I'm usually trying to keep an eye on what Sophie is going to get up to during the prayer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home