s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: Saturday in Nebraska

Monday, January 15, 2007

Saturday in Nebraska

Tow truck: $55

New tire: $100

Half an hour of long distance, out-of-area phone calls to coordinate arrival of tow truck: $30?

Sudoku puzzle book to keep me occupied while tire guys put new tire on my car: $10

Hotel room in Lincoln, Nebraska because I didn't make it to Des Moines like I'd planned (but also couldn't cancel the reservation in Des Moines): $80


Not dying, not wrecking my car, not ruining my rims, and not having to wait out a 3-day weekend in North Platte, Nebraska (pop. ~20,000): priceless

7 Comments:

At January 15, 2007 3:56 PM, Blogger Melyngoch said...

It's not your fault.

And I am not evil.

 
At January 15, 2007 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would appear that the car gods are working in tandem. My spark plug exploded last night, necessitating an incredibly complex series of unlikely events this morning.

 
At January 15, 2007 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have spent the night in North Platte. Every cent you spent to avoid it was well worthwhile.

Glad you're safe.

 
At January 15, 2007 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know peter, but I wholly agree with him: on my way to chicago after christmas break, I only stopped in north platte to get gas, and that was longer than I cared to stay.

Sorry for your troubles, but glad you made it home safely!:)

 
At January 17, 2007 1:38 AM, Blogger Th. said...

.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

(also)

 
At January 17, 2007 10:32 PM, Blogger Katya said...

melyngoch - OK. I'll keep reminding myself of that.

peter - I thought Ogalalla, NE, was bad enough, but North Platte might have been worse. Happily, I may never know.

th. - Ooh, shiny!

 
At January 17, 2007 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On top of the windshield problems? That stinks. Glad you're okay, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home