Things Learned over the Weekend
1. Hermes handles really well on the interstate.
2. This means that Melyngoch likes to drive him really fast.
3. This makes Katya cranky.
4. Katya and Melyngoch are not a good navigating team.
5. The third floor of H&M is the best place, ever.
6. Buying mission clothes at H&M makes Melyngoch do a happy dance.
7. The Cheesecake Factory has the best food, ever.
8. Mishkin loves having company.
9. He’ll even sleep on the couch, play chauffeur when Katya and Duchess don’t feel like walking places, and drive Melyngoch back to Bloomington when Katya randomly decides she won’t.
10. I need to move somewhere close to Paper Source.
11. They don’t call it “The Windy City” for nothing.
12. There are lots of sailors in Chicago. (This has me baffled. Where, exactly, are they sailing to? Canada?)
13. The lines at the Shedd Aquarium are too long.
14. The lines at the Field Museum are too long.
15. The lines at the Museum of Science and Industry are not too long!
16. Trains are cool.
17. Robots are cool.
18. The whispering room is cool.
19. The thermal imager is the coolest thing, ever.
20. Katya really does have colder hands than anyone else.
21. Magnetic rocks are cool.
22. Slinkies are cool.
23. Duchess can fit all of the PVA into her suitcase if she tries really hard.
24. Katya can say incredibly dirty things on accident. (Note to self: When telling a story about a guy who was carrying a large box, one should probably avoid phrases like “he had a HUGE package.”)
25. The drive from Chicago to Urbana is an hour shorter than the drive from Bloomington to Urbana, but it’s a lot more boring.