s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: All I really need to know I learned from U2

Thursday, May 29, 2008

All I really need to know I learned from U2

(for Ginsberg)

You've got to cry without weeping, talking without speaking, scream without raising your voice. • A man will beg, a man will crawl on the sheer face of love, like a fly on a wall. • Freedom has a scent like the top of a new born baby’s head. • A man melts the sand so he can see the world outside. • Sleep, sleep tonight and may your dreams be realized. • In a little while, this hurt will hurt no more. • You were talking about the end of the world. • Sleep comes like a drug, in God's country. • You are such a fool to worry like you do. • Sometimes you can't make it on your own. • You make me feel like I can fly so high. • Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car. • I can't live with or without you. • It's the blind leading the blind. • Oh you look so beautiful tonight. • Some days are better than others. • I know that this is not goodbye. • Still I'm waiting for the dawn. • I will sing, sing a new song. • One man betrayed with a kiss. • She moves in mysterious ways. • We get to carry each other. • I'll wipe your tears away. • All because of you, I am. • It's a beautiful day. • All I want is you. • I believe in love. • I will follow. • Be strong. • Stay. • I believe in the kingdom come, when all the colors will bleed into one, but . . .

I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

4 Comments:

At June 02, 2008 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I need to go listen to all my U2 music.

 
At June 04, 2008 2:43 AM, Blogger Ginsberg said...

Hey thanks, Katya. Glad to see some quotes from Zooropa. It's underrated.

Also this:

It's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky. It's too late tonight to drag the past out into the light. Love is blindness; I don't want to see. With satellite television, you can go anywhere. Uncertainty can be a guiding light. We're beaten and blown by the wind. We hurt each other; then we do it again. A city should be shining on a hill. The God I believe in isn't short of cash, mister! Love makes nonsense of space and time. It takes a second to say goodbye. The heart is a bloom. Hope and history won't rhyme. A house doesn't make a home. You miss too much these days if you stop to think. Time is a train. A day will come in the dawning age when an honest man sees an honest wage. Torn in two, we can be one. To love is to heal; to hurt is to steal; if you want to kiss the sky, better learn how to kneel.

 
At June 04, 2008 9:22 PM, Blogger Katya said...

ginsberg - Nice. I didn't want to pull more than one quote per song (arbitrary rules, much?), but I did miss some of those.

 
At June 05, 2008 2:45 AM, Blogger Th. said...

.

Scarf in D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home