s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: All I really need to know I learned from The Beatles

Saturday, May 03, 2008

All I really need to know I learned from The Beatles

She loves you. • Money can't buy me love. • You can't do that. • Any time at all, all you gotta do is call, and I'll be there. • There are eight days in a week. • You've got to hide your love away. • I need somebody. • I believe in yesterday. • In my life, I love you more. • We can work it out. • You've got to admit, it's getting better. • I get by with a little help from my friends. • All you need is love. • Take these broken wings and learn to fly. • Everybody's got something to hide except me and my monkey. • Life goes on. • Don't you know it's gonna be alright. • Take a sad song, and make it better. • Let it be. • The walrus was Paul. • Once there was a way to get back homeward. • Here comes the sun. • Come together. • The sun is up; the sky is blue. • Half of what I say is meaningless.

5 Comments:

At May 04, 2008 9:35 PM, Blogger Katie said...

OH! The Beatles have been on my mind lately as well... :)

 
At May 05, 2008 1:00 PM, Blogger Katie said...

My roommate didn't recognize "With A Little Help From My Friends" when I was randomly humming it the other days.

I felt deep, deep sadness.

And then I made her add it to the "Beatles playlist" on her iPod . . .

 
At May 06, 2008 6:28 PM, Blogger Th. said...

.

Wait--she already had a Beatles playlist?

Nice post, Katya.

 
At May 07, 2008 12:55 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Yes, but until a couple of days ago it was comprised of "Eight Days A Week," "She Loves You," and "Here Comes the Sun."

Now, it is comprised of many, many more.

 
At May 19, 2008 2:27 AM, Blogger Ginsberg said...

Also: Nothing is real. Everyone of us has all we need. If you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao, you ain't gonna make it with anyone anyhow. Love has a nasty habit of disappearing overnight. The world is at your command. Living is easy with eyes closed. When I get to the bottom, I go back to the top. When it rains and shines, it's just a state of mind. With every mistake we must surely be learning. We're on our way home.

But have you learned anything from U2?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home