s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: B is for Sweet Babboo

Sunday, February 15, 2009

B is for Sweet Babboo

In the Peanuts comic strip, Sally uses the phrase "Sweet Babboo" as a term of (somewhat terrifying) endearment for Linus.

My mom used to jokingly refer to my dad as her "Sweet Babboo." (I like to think he's somewhat less terrified of her than Linus is of Sally.) My brother misheard it as "Sweet Babboon" (what's a "babboo," anyway?) and thus a new term of endearment was born.

Happy [belated] Ides of February to everyone. You're all my Sweet Babboons.

4 Comments:

At February 15, 2009 7:23 PM, Blogger Th. said...

.

Actually, the ides was Friday. (cf)

 
At February 15, 2009 7:27 PM, Blogger Katya said...

So noted. And, actually, that makes sense, since February's such a short month.

 
At February 16, 2009 7:49 PM, Blogger Krista said...

My parents also called each other Sweet Babboo!

Somehow, I feel as if this cements our friendship.

 
At February 18, 2009 9:31 AM, Blogger Katya said...

Uffish - Indeed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home