s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: S is for Setting Shari Lewis Straight

Sunday, January 18, 2009

S is for Setting Shari Lewis Straight

Once when my brother was very young, he was watching an episode of Lamb Chop's Play Along. Shari Lewis was singing a Swahili (?) song translated into English whose lyrics were roughly:

Zoom, zoom, zoom!
Little baby bee!
Zoom, zoom, zoom!
Little baby bee!

He stood watching the entire thing with his thumb in his mouth, then pulled it out and said, dismissively, "A baby bee is a larva."

Way to tell her!

4 Comments:

At January 18, 2009 8:40 PM, Blogger Trevor Christensen said...

I don't mess.

 
At January 19, 2009 9:36 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

That is the best story of all time. I have a very clear mental image, and it makes me happy.

 
At January 19, 2009 7:47 PM, Blogger Katya said...

I have a clear mental image, too. (But it's probably because I was there.)

 
At January 21, 2009 4:51 AM, Blogger Kari said...

Hilarious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home