s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: Christmas carols: Puer natus in Bethlehem

Friday, March 13, 2009

Christmas carols: Puer natus in Bethlehem

Puer natus in Bethlehem ("A boy is born in Bethlehem") has been around since at least the 13th century. It has been arranged by many composers, including Michael Praetorius, J.S. Bach, and Dieterich Buxtehude.

The first arrangement is by Praetorius, the second by Bach, and the third is a modern arrangement by an unknown composer. (I usually stick to traditional melodies for these posts, but I thought this arrangement was nice, so I'm including it.)

Christ Church Bronxville, 2007:




Unknown:




St. Mark's Youth Choir, 2007(?):

2 Comments:

At March 14, 2009 12:31 AM, Blogger Th. said...

.

I know I haven't been commenting, but I enjoy coming to your blog and listening to the music while I work on things.

 
At March 20, 2009 4:18 PM, Blogger Katya said...

I'm glad you're enjoying them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home