s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: We used to be Irish . . .

Monday, August 22, 2005

We used to be Irish . . .

but we’re not anymore.

My Mom’s maiden name is S---- and someone told her dad that the S----s came from Ireland. But then my uncle discovered that our branch of S----s come from England. But my grandfather is really attached to his Irish heritage, so no one’s had the heart to tell him we’re not Irish and he still listens to Irish ballads because they remind him of the Old Country. (He was actually born in Utah.)

“We used to be Irish” is the kind of thing I like saying to people to see if they’re really listening.

2 Comments:

At August 24, 2005 5:06 AM, Blogger Thirdmango said...

Wow, that must be a shocker. Too bad you're just plain old english like everyone else. By the way, how on earth did you get the letter verifaction thing, that would certainly help out quite a bit. I was wondering when you'd start bloggin', now I know. Didn't think I'd be the first did ya.

 
At August 24, 2005 5:03 PM, Blogger Katya said...

It's on the "dashboard" under: Change Settings > Comments > Word Verification. I imagine it's a feature recently introduced to counteract spam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home