s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: Survey says . . .

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Survey says . . .

Let’s see . . . Bawb votes for Chinese, Master Fob says French, Logan makes a snotty remark about French, then votes for Chinese (plus maybe half a vote for Russian), Theric says Chinese, Ben Crowder says Russian or Welsh (Do I assign one vote to each? No, that’s not fair if he gets two votes. I’ll give 0.75 of a vote to each), Squirrel Boy (the Amazing) says Welsh, la bamba says Chinese, Saule Cogneur says Chinese, Melyngoch says Russian (only because Latin isn’t there), Ambrosia says Welsh and Optimistic says Russian.

So, the winner is . . . people, no. I’m not doing Chinese again. My brain is all Chinesed out for a while, and I’d like to work on a language where I have even a minimal amount of reading comprehension. I vote Russian and my vote is worth everyone else’s combined. (How’s life in the Katyocracy?)

10 Comments:

At April 25, 2006 12:26 PM, Blogger Wiglaf said...

It could be worse, if you'd picked French.

 
At April 25, 2006 3:35 PM, Blogger Petra said...

I vote Berber. Can my vote count for something?

 
At April 25, 2006 6:11 PM, Blogger Th. said...

.

Shoot. I was going to change my vote to Welsh, but now it's too late.

 
At April 25, 2006 11:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm all excited about Russian. All excited. I'm even more excited knowing that my knowledge of the language is going to be entirely academic - I really have no idea what the language sounds like, other than what I've heard on movies like Hunt for Red October.

 
At April 26, 2006 1:21 AM, Blogger Melyngoch said...

My vote doesn't count for as much as everyone else's combined?

And Opt.-- Russian actually doesn't sound much like what you hear on Hunt for Red October.

 
At April 26, 2006 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least a Katyocracy is still probably better than a kakistocracy.*



*Yes, the entire purpose of this comment was to use the word kakistocracy.

 
At April 26, 2006 8:10 PM, Blogger Katya said...

Logan - Are you just another francophobic sheep?

Petra - Yes, but write-in votes are autmatically disqualified. (I don't even know what language family that belongs to.)

ASB - Way to sneak that word into casual conversation.

 
At April 27, 2006 12:41 PM, Blogger Wiglaf said...

I must say that the venerable practice of making fun of the French has suffered considerably in the past few years. Many now only see it as a tiredly neoconservative, war-hawk gesture, which from me it most certainly is not.

It's all in good fun. I have very little real distaste for France; at any rate such is nothing compared to my vehement despisal of American culture.

 
At May 01, 2006 4:10 AM, Blogger Th. said...

.

YOu haven't lived till you've read Hunt for Red October in the original Russian!

 
At May 01, 2006 1:47 PM, Blogger Katya said...

Logan - I should have known you were from the French-hating equivalent of old money, and weren't one of these nouveau riche upstarts!

Th. - That's awesome! I'm totally going to start saying that. ("Yeah, I want to learn Russian so I can read Hunt for Red October in the original.")

 

Post a Comment

<< Home