s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: Z is for Zebra

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Z is for Zebra

A few years ago, Melyngoch and I found ourselves in at the National Zoo in Washington, D.C. (It was also on this trip that I first met my friends Peter and Becca, so there are fond memories all around.) Anyway, while we were at the National Zoo, we got a chance to look at some zebras. There was a sign on the zebra enclosure that explained that male zebras are highly territorial — since they can't go roaming about to find a lady zebra, their mating strategy is to entice the females to come to them.

Melyngoch said: "You know, that's a lot like college boys."

3 Comments:

At March 20, 2008 3:46 PM, Blogger Betty Edit said...

Sadly, I find parallels between many animalian mating strategies and college boys. I think they (the college boys) lend themselves exceptionally well to such comparisons.

On another note, I once saw a sign on a tiger cage that said, "Caution: these animals bite."

 
At March 20, 2008 6:27 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I snorted when I read this post . . . (I was laughing, not expressing derision)

 
At March 20, 2008 6:44 PM, Blogger Katya said...

betty - Well I think there are worse things than wanting to have a cool apartment so that chicks will come over. I'd rather have a guy invite me over for something than come over and mooch off of me and my roommates all the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home