s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: Tribond Tuesday

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Tribond Tuesday

Tribond is a game where you are given three things and you have to figure out what they have in common. There's an ongoing Tribond thread on another forum I frequent, but it turns out that I like coming up with Tribond clues more than I like solving other people's clues, so the thread often lies dormant for months at a time.

As an outlet for my Tribond-coming-up-with impulses, I figure maybe I'll start posting them here so that my beloved readers can have the pleasure of solving them. We'll see how it goes.

Puzzle #1:


5 Comments:

At July 07, 2009 11:13 PM, Blogger Melyngoch said...

ways of arranging graphemes!

Also, Tribond makes me think of driving across Iowa with you and saying: "Pol Pot. Satan. Melyngoch." Those were the days.

 
At July 08, 2009 3:11 AM, Blogger Th. said...

.

More specifically, ways of arranging graphemes named after the first graphemes in the sequence.

 
At July 08, 2009 7:32 PM, Blogger Katya said...

Good work! You two put it more eloquently than I would have. I was thinking of something like "works whose names come from the order of letters." Also, "abecedarium" would have worked, too.

 
At July 09, 2009 10:22 AM, Blogger Melyngoch said...

Hmmm. I feel like Th. defeated me. REMATCH!!!

 
At July 10, 2009 5:53 PM, Blogger Redoubt said...

I was going to say "names of series of letters which are compounds of the first few letters in the series."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home