s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: Christmas carols: Nowel: Owt of your slepe aryse

Friday, August 28, 2009

Christmas carols: Nowel: Owt of your slepe aryse

This carol comes from the Selden manuscript at the Bodleian Library and dates to the mid-fifteenth century.

It's always tough when I only find one video of a carol, because I either have to go with the recording (no matter how bad it is) or leave the carol out of my series. Luckily for me, this rendition is lovely, even if there are some background noise issues.

Meghan Coviello, Kris Martin-Baker, and Amy Travis, 2008:

4 Comments:

At August 28, 2009 8:46 PM, Blogger Becca said...

I read that title as something else, something cruder...

 
At August 30, 2009 3:12 AM, Blogger Th. said...

.

Yeah. It sounds dirty....

 
At September 01, 2009 8:54 PM, Blogger Katya said...

People! Get your minds out of the gutter! ;)

 
At September 12, 2009 2:56 AM, Blogger Velda said...

Can't this wait until I'm less slepe?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home