s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: Christmas Break

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Christmas Break

What I meant to do over Christmas Break:

Learn Python
Help out with housework (especially since Mom was sick)
See New York Doll
Hang out with BB and Board friends
Knit a scarf and matching hat
Work out
Spend time with extended family
Go Christmas shopping with Trevor
Go to Deseret Book


What I actually did:


*cough*
*cough*
*cough*
*cough*
*cough*cough* cough* cough* cough* cough* cough* cough*
*throw up*

*cough*
*cough*
*cough*


What I absolutely still need to do:

Get a duplicate copy of my car registration (I lost the first)
Get a haircut


I am happy to say that I did get to hang out with BB folks a bit, although I think I missed over half of the festivities that were held, including the all-important New Year’s Eve party. But my scarf is over 50” long, which isn’t bad. (The sad thing is that I’ve done at least half the knitting while waiting at the doctor’s office; I’ve been there at least three times in the last two weeks, and that’s expensive without insurance.)

But I still can’t sleep flat on my back. Or even at a 30 degree angle propped up on pillows. This morning I just gave up and tried to sleep sort of sitting up on the couch. I actually got a good hour in before people woke me up going to church. (Another thing – I’ve been here four Sundays and I never made it to my “home” ward to see how it’s changed since the split.)

If I am very lucky (or blessed), I may be better in time to drive the 20+ hours back to Illinois. If I am unlucky (or un-blessed), I will get to make the trip in my sickened state. Better stock up on Kleenex and cough drops, either way.

6 Comments:

At January 09, 2006 1:18 PM, Blogger Tolkien Boy said...

It was great to see you, even if you hate me. I hope your trip back is nothing but good times.

 
At January 09, 2006 1:40 PM, Blogger erin said...

I'm surprised bookbinding wasn't on that list?

It was good to see you when I did... sorry I missed Saturday. But things come up. I'll look forward to seeing you again when you come back again. Yay.

 
At January 09, 2006 7:47 PM, Blogger Saule Cogneur said...

Like I've said before, find some loud music. Somehow, it dulls the senses and simplifies everything. Road trips are always better that way.

 
At January 10, 2006 1:24 AM, Blogger Katya said...

Bookbinding! I forgot! Yes, I was also going to do bookbinding. And I was going to take a bunch of stuff to DI. *sigh*

 
At January 11, 2006 4:35 PM, Blogger MissE said...

Dude - I am sorry that you are so sick. People without insurance don't go to the doctor unless it is serious.

I am also sorry that our visits to Utah did not coincide.

On a good note... I just stumbled upon your blogg to find the picture your BB avatar is from. It is cool to put my impression of you in a larger contextual frame.

 
At January 12, 2006 12:44 AM, Blogger Katya said...

mg - I'm leaving on Friday, and I'll arrive on Sunday. (I'm driving, not flying, in case that wasn't clear.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home