s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: Penance

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Penance

Last Thursday was the last day of class for one of my classes, so our professor decided to take us out for drinks during the last hour. Longtime friends may guess that this was the first time I’d been in a bar, and longtime friends would be correct. So everyone was sitting around, drinking beer or iced tea and talking, and in a moment of very great weakness . . . I had some mozzarella sticks. And some nachos. And some cheese fries. (OK, a lot of cheese fries, and there may have been ranch dressing.)

Attentive readers may remember that corn, potatoes and dairy foods are on my “forbidden” list. I certainly remembered, but I was feeling rather devil-may-care-ish at the time. Those of you who are fond of quick and severe punishment for wrongdoing (in the manner of the God of the Old Testament) will be happy to learn that I had a horrible headache for two days straight, and I couldn’t sleep for the next two nights, either.

Now that it’s been a few days, I am back to my regular health, meaning that I have a slight headache all the time, a moderate amount of trouble falling asleep, and I’m always tired, no matter how much sleep I get. (I’m tired of putting about 200% into the Word of Wisdom and getting about 50% back. I would like to be not weary, not faint, and to find health in my navel instead of just belly-button lint.)

6 Comments:

At May 02, 2006 11:24 AM, Blogger Wiglaf said...

You experience fainting? I've always wondered what that's like.

 
At May 02, 2006 12:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've almost fainted a couple of times. It is not a pleasant experience.

Katya, as someone with health problems of his own, I offer you my sympathies.

 
At May 02, 2006 2:25 PM, Blogger Katya said...

logan - Actually, I don't faint - it was supposed to be a reference to Isaiah 40 / D&C 89.

squirrel boy - Thanks.

 
At May 02, 2006 5:12 PM, Blogger JB said...

It's frustrating to be so tired all the time. I hope you're able to find something that helps you feel healthier more often.

 
At May 03, 2006 8:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. If you're so weak and yet you can still kill us all with your brain, I'd hate to see you on a good day.

 
At May 04, 2006 7:27 PM, Blogger Katya said...

Флоссий - I'm planning on visiting Provo for a couple of weeks in July. I wanted to work on my Russian this summer, and a friend of mine mentioned that he wanted to learn Russian, so I suggested that we become "Russian buddies" so that we could motivate each other. (Kind of like having a jogging partner, only neither of you gets into shape.) The Russian blog is an offshoot of that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home