s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: Personal Rules

Friday, July 21, 2006

Personal Rules

1. I only browse ebay on Mondays.

2. I have to finish three knitting projects before I can buy a new knitting book. (Can’t be buying new knitting books all willy-nilly without actually knitting stuff in the meantime.)

3. I wash my hair on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

4. I have to blog at least once a week.

5. On all my blogs. (Except ZD, where I’m going to try to post monthly.)

6. I have to change the BB quote every day, except for Sundays. (Ideally, I can find some sort of “theme” for the week so I don’t have such trouble finding a new quote every day.)

7. If there’s nothing to do at Job #1, I have to work on Russian.

8. Working on Russian means, among other things, that I have to conjugate every single unfamiliar verb I run across in both imperfective and perfective tenses.

9. And I have to decline every unfamiliar noun and adjective. (I rather hope that no one’s life ever depends on my being able to remember the genitive plural of anything.)

10. I have to catalog (at Job #2) for at least two hours every day, or until I search 20 books, whichever comes first.

11. Back when I was still categorizing Board questions, I had to do 100 questions a day.

12. Now that I’m archiving questions, I’ll have to set some daily quota for those.

13. I wear my skirts in rotation.

14. I wear my shirts pretty much in rotation, too.

15. I read other people’s blogs in order of how frequently they post. (I start with Duchess and work my way down to the people who pretty much don’t blog anymore.)

(Dedicated to all those people who inexplicably don’t live their lives by arbitrary rules.)

7 Comments:

At July 22, 2006 1:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I guess I need to get into a system of posting regularly if I want all you arbitrary rule people to read my blog regularly. Personally, I just use Google Reader. So much easier.

 
At July 22, 2006 1:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love your rules. I havea few of my own, but I think I might consider setting a few more. It makes for a more efficient life, which somehow pleases me.

 
At July 25, 2006 10:43 AM, Blogger B.G. Christensen said...

Do those of us who used to post frequently but not so much anymore (i.e. me) get priority over those who have never posted regularly (i.e. Bawb)?

 
At July 25, 2006 6:43 PM, Blogger Katya said...

Squirrel Boy - Oh, I still check your blog about three times as often as you actually post - that seems like a reasonable sampling rate, to me. Also, I rather like visiting various blogs and unexpectedly finding that someone has posted, so I don't think I'll ever switch to Google Reader. (Also, if you only read the RSS feed of my blog, you miss out on all of the lovely sidebar updates. As well as the comments, most likely.)

Peter - Efficient. Yes. That's a nice word for what I'm trying to achieve.

MFob - I go through and redo the stats every month or so. Right now you're fairly low, but you'll bounce back up if you start posting again. Bawb actually fell off the list a long time ago for prolonged inactivity.

Oh, and

16. I have promised Melyngoch and the Hulking Man-child that I will learn their mission languages, whatever they turn out to be.

17. With the exception of Cantonese.

 
At July 25, 2006 7:51 PM, Blogger eleka nahmen said...

Explain this hair-washing rule. Is that so you AT LEAST wash your hair four times a week, or because you oppose washing it seven times a week?

And I love your language rules. I really must needs abide by those myself. Especially if I do start teaching myself Swedish.

 
At July 26, 2006 9:57 PM, Blogger Katya said...

eleka - I've never needed to wash my hair more often than every other day, but if I washed it on different days it would mess up my schedule from week to week. So I wash it four times a week, on consistent days

 
At August 09, 2006 5:33 PM, Blogger Th. said...

.

I need to make a list like this....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home