s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: S is for Surprise

Sunday, October 01, 2006

S is for Surprise

The last few days before Christmas are a tortuous time for those who are just old enough to keep track of how many days are left, but too young to be able to fill the time very easily. When my brother was little, I used to make that time of year even worse by giving him maddeningly oblique hints about the presents he was getting from me. One year, in a gesture which was (even for me) diabolical, I wrote down what I was getting him, and showed the paper to my pre-literate brother. Thinking quickly, he snatched the paper from me and ran downstairs to where our mother was. “Read it Mom! Mom, read it! Hurry! Quick! Just tell me what it says!” he pleaded.

About a minute later, one very annoyed pre-schooler came trudging back up the stairs and glared angrily at me.

I had written: “A SURPRISE.”

7 Comments:

At October 02, 2006 2:47 AM, Blogger Yarjka said...

I wouldn't have thought anyone could be so clever. Way to impress me!

 
At October 02, 2006 4:34 PM, Blogger JB said...

LOL. That's awesome!

 
At October 02, 2006 5:48 PM, Blogger Th. said...

.

Hahahaha! Love it!

 
At October 02, 2006 6:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That may be the funniest thing I've heard all day - and I'm not just saying that in an insincere sort of way, either. I've heard some funny things today.

Actually, it might have been yesterday. Regardless, you're still way out in front here.

 
At October 04, 2006 2:13 PM, Blogger Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

hee hee...

 
At October 05, 2006 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that :D Diabolical, that was.

 
At October 09, 2006 11:08 PM, Blogger Evan said...

Your blog is excellent, as always.

I was old enough to count the days remaining long before I was able to fill them up easily. I guess what I'm getting at here is, even when I was an older child, it was still tough waiting for Christmas to come.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home