s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: A myth, explained

Sunday, May 27, 2007

A myth, explained

One summer day, I was talking with a group of people outside, near the SWKT. We were standing near a number of vents and panels in the ground to which I'd never paid much attention. Suddenly, one of the panels opened and out climbed about a dozen of the most gorgeous men I’ve ever seen in my life, wearing sunglasses, camo pants, and tight black T-shirts.

They were members of the Provo SWAT team, taking some sort of tour of the tunnels under BYU campus. (Yes, there really are tunnels under BYU. They are home to the legendary tunnel worms and, apparently, a bunch of really hot guys.) After surveying the area and talking for a bit, they turned around and climbed back down into the tunnel, presumably to continue the tour.

I always thought that there was something vaguely mythical about grown men suddenly springing from the earth and kind of hoped I’d see it happen again, but I never did.

***

Props to bawb for being the only one to say “Um, what are you smoking, Katya?” (I’m not sure if it’s a 1-2-1 or not. Maybe a 1-1-1.)

7 Comments:

At May 27, 2007 6:24 PM, Blogger B.G. Christensen said...

I think I've been conditioned by Theric's blog not to question things I don't understand, but rather to ignore them.

 
At May 27, 2007 8:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Every woman's dream - hot men appearing out of nowhere. I bet they had very nice jawlines.

 
At May 27, 2007 8:38 PM, Blogger eleka nahmen said...

So this has nothing to do with your blog post, but I finally have Swedish texts and a Swedish dictionary, and just may use you to inflict my attempts to teach myself said language on.

Just an FYI.
:)

 
At May 27, 2007 8:38 PM, Blogger Katya said...

mr. fob - Good point. He's the boy who cried "fish."

peter - I'm not convinced of that. I think every woman's dream is to have one thoughtful, sensitive, romantic (but still hot) man appear out of nowhere. (But yes, they did have nice jawlines. I think it's a job requirement. Sort of like being hot was a job requirement to work LibSec. ;) )

 
At May 27, 2007 11:54 PM, Blogger Christian said...

This is now officially my Favorite. Post. Ever.

 
At May 28, 2007 11:51 PM, Blogger Tolkien Boy said...

Most of the things I see popping out of the ground are trolls or broken sprinkler heads.

The dating possibilities are endless out here.

 
At May 29, 2007 11:57 AM, Blogger Th. said...

.

My ears are itching.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home