Thoughts on graduating (or walking, at least)
1. Convocations are so much shorter when you don't have to deal with pesky undergraduate degrees (even if they do give highly involved special awards to about twenty people, first).
2. There actually are convocation speakers with interesting and useful advice.
3. I really miss playing the organ. My next ward or branch definitely needs to meet in a regular meetinghouse.
4. Nobody knows how to wear a mortarboard properly or how to measure their head accurately. (The two may be related.)
5. I don't get a yellow tassel, but I did get a yellow hood.
6. The Main Library is a beautiful building.
7. The Smith Memorial Building is even more beautiful.
8. I don't really want to be a leader in the field or a crusader for justice; I just want a job.
9. Very few people can say my name correctly if they haven't been coached.
10. Melyngoch has excellent taste in graduation gifts.