s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: “You are such a fool to worry like you do.” (a svithe)

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

“You are such a fool to worry like you do.” (a svithe)

Things I needn’t have worried about:

1. Not finding a job. (I only had to send out 3 resumes.)
2. Not finding an apartment. (I only had to respond to 2 ads.)
3. Not getting along with my roommate. (She’s great.)
4. Having problems with my wrists hurting all the time when I got to Maine. (They don’t.)

I think the point is not just to be grateful for the above blessings, but to find a way to approach life that doesn’t involve constant worry.

(I.e., have faith.)

5 Comments:

At September 08, 2007 3:48 PM, Blogger Th. said...

.

Wait--what would Maine have to do with your wrists?

 
At September 08, 2007 3:50 PM, Blogger Th. said...

.

Also: I think your definition of svithe is very nice and clean. I'm going to cite it.

 
At September 08, 2007 6:36 PM, Blogger Katya said...

th. - I've had major wrist problems since I finished my B.A. and took a data entry job where I was typing all day. However, I found a really great chiropractor and physical therapist in Illinois who helped my wrists feel a ton better, but I was worried that they'd get worse when I moved to Maine because there aren't any chiropractors in the area who use the same techniques as the one in Illinois did.

I'm glad you like the citation. I'm still tweaking it a bit. I think I'm going to take out the Mormon reference, because I think it's not central to the definition. Also, I need to add "-svithe" as a suffix (i.e. Fobsvithe, Petrasvithe), and also to add quotations and dates. Ideally, it'll look like a full OED reference. (Ooh, do you think that Melyngoch will add it to the Mormonominary when she gets off the mish?)

 
At September 12, 2007 8:54 PM, Blogger Ginsberg said...

I'm glad the night didn't run over.

 
At September 16, 2007 1:17 AM, Blogger Th. said...

.

Ooh! I hope so! I've been updating my copy of yours as you do. I think it's uptodate, anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home