s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: Oops!

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Oops!

The other day I was getting lunch in the cafeteria when I stepped in line behind a kid with a really odd haircut. It was sort of like a short Mohawk, with a long tail at the nape of his neck, part of which was braided, and part of which was wrapped in red and yellow thread.

Kids these days, I thought. They'll wear their hair in any crazy style just to get attention.

And then he turned around and I realized that he was a 40-something Penobscot Indian.

I mean, way to honor and preserve your traditional heritage . . . sir.

It's at times like this that I'm grateful that I don't always say everything that comes into my head.

1 Comments:

At October 24, 2007 1:23 AM, Blogger Ginsberg said...

Hi. With your largely Mormon-ish readership in mind, I'll try to refrain from using the "f-word." So my frickin' roommate is a frickin' Lakota Sioux and he used to have this frickin' awesome elbow-length black hair. I was pretty frickin' disappointed when he cut it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home