s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: I remembered!

Saturday, September 15, 2007

I remembered!

Right after I posted “Things I think bawb would find interesting about knitting,” I thought of one more thing that I wanted to tell him, but when I went to post it, I couldn’t remember it. And it’s stayed in that half-remembered / half-forgotten state ever since, until this morning, when I remembered it again.

So.

Bawb, here’s one more thing:

Knitters often use the Fibonacci series to help them design sweaters with stripes of varying widths. (Actually, they’re probably using a modular version of the Fibonacci series, come to think of it, because the stripes get bigger and smaller again.)

You can see examples
here and here.

1 Comments:

At September 16, 2007 1:35 AM, Blogger Braden said...

Holy cow, that is so hot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home