s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: Champaign: Moonstruck

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Champaign: Moonstruck

Moonstruck (a “Chocolate Café”) is a small business on Wright Street in Champaign. (This means that it is barely in Champaign, as Wright Street is the border between Champaign and Urbana.) It is on my way to the bookstore, the library, my job, the LIS building and pretty much anywhere else I walk on a regular basis. (Except for church, I suppose.)

I have decided that I will treat myself to a Moonstruck truffle (or other concoction) every Friday afternoon. I have yet to remember this on any Friday afternoon, because I am always hot and tired and anxious to get home, so I usually end up strolling back to the café on Saturday afternoon.

I have also decided that I will try everything in the café at least once, so long as it is not Forbidden. The Definitely Forbidden list of ingredients includes: Irish cream, champagne, latté, brandy, cappuccino, espresso, cognac and coffee. The Possibly Forbidden list (in other words, the “I’m not quite sure what it is” list) includes: amaretto, chambord, Tuaca liqueur, Cointreau liqueur and Framboise liqueur. (“Liqueur” does not necessarily imply “liquor.”)

So, if you’ll excuse me, I have a chocolate-with-chili-pepper bar to attend to.

2 Comments:

At September 13, 2005 8:33 AM, Blogger Katya said...

You're awesome. :)

 
At September 13, 2005 3:39 PM, Blogger Etelmik said...

Amaretto is, too. My alcohol knowledge is still quite limited, but certainly has increased quite a bit from working at a restaurant with a fully loaded bar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home