s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: New Year's

Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year's

I hardly ever make New Year's resolutions, except that I quit smoking every year. (No matter that I've never taken it up in the first place, I still feel a sense of accomplishment every December that I've kept my resolution.)

However, this year I am making two resolutions:

(1) I will knit an adult-sized sweater.
(2) I will not assume that people are Mormon. Ever. Like, even if it's my bishop or the missionaries. (Actually, it would be really fun to ask the missionaries what church they go to.)

As regards #2, I don't think I'm terrible about it, but it bothers me when people do it too much, and I do it more than I'd like to, so I'm going to try and cut back.

4 Comments:

At January 02, 2009 12:06 AM, Blogger Becca said...

I've had several embarrassing experiences concerning your number 2, so I am very careful who I assume to be Mormon. Or who I assume is still Mormon.

I hope your sweater goes as well as Lindsay's did!

 
At January 02, 2009 12:26 AM, Blogger Saule Cogneur said...

I expect at least a few follow up posts this year.

 
At January 02, 2009 7:25 PM, Blogger Katya said...

I wonder if I can combine the two . . .

 
At January 02, 2009 9:17 PM, Blogger Arwen Taylor said...

I think you should knit an adult Mormon-sized sweater. Just go ahead and assume its wearer is Mormon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home