s Thoughts from the Physics Chick: R is for Ryan

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

R is for Ryan

Once upon a time, I was in a physics class with two guys named Ryan, one of whom was pretty cute. Through a series of convoluted events, I later ended up in conversation with the fiancée of one of the Ryans. The only problem was, I wasn’t sure which one. Both were about the same height, both had unremarkable brownish-blondish hair, and I didn’t know the surname of either. Finally, she said “Mine’s the cute one!” “Oh, the cute one,” I said. “Gotcha.”

The next day, to my surprise, the other Ryan stopped me after class and said “I heard you met my fiancée last night.” I came very, very close to blurting out “You’re not the cute one!” I smiled instead and attempted not to look so shocked.

It had not occurred to me that in the event she was engaged to the other one, her hormone-addled brain would cause her to identify him as “the cute one,” regardless of the actuality of the situation. (The other possibility is that not everyone takes a good jawline to be the most important factor in male attractiveness. That, however, is much too bizarre an idea to be taken seriously.)

4 Comments:

At October 31, 2006 6:06 PM, Blogger B.G. Christensen said...

So you're starting your alphabiography with R?

 
At November 01, 2006 3:45 PM, Blogger Melyngoch said...

Umm, I'm pretty sure she started it with "fetish."

 
At November 01, 2006 6:48 PM, Blogger Katya said...

Actually, "S is for Sandals" predates both of them.

 
At November 01, 2006 9:50 PM, Blogger Th. said...

.

Am I just imagining that there was an Th is for Theric?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home